Saturday, April 11, 2009

Photographs, Richard and Amy Farcus (grandparents)






Birds in light air. My grandparents have lived in the same house since my dad was in high school. In the most elegant way the collections and sentimental objects are organized in their own 'places.' These places shift with the seasons and holidays. I don't know where the objects are hidden on off seasons. The house is on a farm next to a 'pit' (a lake that used to be a coal strip mining pit) and a private outdoor club. There is plenty of wild animals around. My grandparents like to show me photos of the animals that come though their yard, most are photos of finches, turkeys, cardinals, wood-peckers, geese and ducks. They also have a subscription to Birds & Blooms, which they give to me for collages.

Soul Reaches Far 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment