Thursday, May 27, 2010

Fun, Finally

I've had a rough month; I was sick with a nasty sinus infection for 4 weeks, the end of the semester stressed me out, and me and Allie are still planning/organizing everything for our wedding. So I decided to curate some images of art that make me feel good, in reverse alphabetical order by their first names. Enjoy.

Sigurdur Gudmundsson - Study for Horizon (photograph) 1975

Ron Terada - Have You Seen this Kitty (poster and magazine add [in Artforum]) 2008

Piero Golia - Giraffe with no title with a pedestal so high that it makes her head bump into the ceiling, 2000

Olaf Breuning - Mammoth (photograph) 2008

Nina Bovasso - Large Black and White Crowd (ink and gesso on canvas) 2002

Mark Wallinger - Sleeper (performance, with viewers) 2005

KwieKulik - Activities with Dobromierz (photograph) 1972-1974

Jeff Koons - Puppy (flowers and steel, installed at the Guggenheim Museum Bilbao) 1997

Gertrude Abercrombie - untitled (Cat with Portrait of Abraham Lincoln) (oil on masonite) 1955

Fernando Pintado - The gift that keeps on giving (acrylic and tempera on canvas) 2009

Damián Ortega - Duck Bosch, 1997

1 comment: