Friday, June 18, 2010

Construction

The following are images from the construction set of my source materials photographs. I think of these as formal studies; after long deliberation I cannot draw much content from them. All of these arrangements are found and photographed as are. I like them because they seem to be slightly détourned from the banal, everyday, and overlooked to something sculptural; or at least somewhat out of the ordinary (dare I say uncanny?). In associative moves my interventions and to some extent my performances function in the same way - although my work draws more attention to it's self than these temporal arrangements/accidents do. I do also greatly appreciate the at-hand utilitarian inventiveness that I often find in construction (and the like) settings. Represented here are 8 of 89 construction photos I have collected.








No comments:

Post a Comment