Tuesday, July 17, 2012

soduim-vapor and gold


Making due and getting by
 
the sodium-vapor lamps warm on, to tint our block with orange, "Squash Blossom", light

across the street some old porch steps cast shadows that curve like mountains
        a building in bad need of some graffiti
                no roof or floors, but a tree in the middle

as kids we made potions with shampoo, Windex, whiskey, dirt, milk, and hid them behind our TV
        mom told us that our feet were too wide for Nikes

I've since added gold, like jewelry, to my allergy list


***************

i had to exhaust myself while at my studio table (reading about MoCA and Jeffery Dietch) last night 'till something creative fell out of me. i wrote this poem, from notes that i took last night and from some things that i've kept in the back of my head for a while. i'm not sure about the title, or the "Squash Blossom" part, but that's ok. the title is a reference to a Richard Wentworth piece of the same title, and idea. [the formatting is a bit off here because of the size of my blogger. the lines that wrap, and are not indented, are not supposed to wrap - they are long lines.]

Richard Wentworth - Making Do and Getting By

No comments:

Post a Comment