Monday, February 13, 2012

from "I Completed the Following Requirements"

On October 15, 1994 I recorded my best in the following tests:
Pushups: 20                        Pullups: 1
Situps: 20                             Standing long jump: 4ft. 0in.
Run/walk 500 yards: 2:10

In October 1994 I presented myself to my leader, properly dressed, before going on an overnight camping trip. I presented the camping gear that I was going to use. I demonstrated the right way to pack and carry this gear.

In October 1994 I spent at least 1 night on a patrol or troop campout. I slept in a tent that I helped pitch on a ground bed that I prepared.

On November 14, 1994 I demonstrated how to display, raise, lower, and fold the American flag.

On November 14, 1994 I explained why we use the buddy system in Scouting.

On November 15, 1994 I demonstrated improvement in the activities listed above after practicing for 30 days. I recorded my best in the following tests:
Pushups: 28                        Pullups: 2
Situps: 30                             Standing long jump: 4ft. 4in.
Run/walk 500 yards: 2:01

On November 15, 1994 I demonstrated the Heimlich maneuver and told when it is used.

In November 1994 I demonstrated how to whip and fuse the ends of a rope.

In November 1994 I repeated from memory and explained in my own words the Scout Oath, Law, motto, and slogan.

In November 1994 I knew my patrol name, gave the patrol yell, and described my patrol flag.

On July 7, 1995 I demonstrated tying two half hitches and a tautline hitch by using these knots to pitch a tent.

On July 7, 1995 I demonstrated the rules of safe hiking, both on the highway and cross-country, during the day and at night. I explained what to do if I were lost.

On August 15, 1995 I identified local poisonous plants; and told how to treat for exposure to them.

On August 15, 1995 I displayed first aid for the following:
·         Simple cuts and scratches
·         Blisters on the hand and foot
·         Minor burns and scalds
·         Bites and stings of insects and ticks
·         Poisonous snakebite
·         Nosebleed

On August 15, 1995 I participated in a Scoutmaster conference.

On September 15, 1995 I completed my board of review for the rank of Tenderfoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment